What is a crown?
A dental crown is a type of restoration we may recommend to repair a damaged or decayed tooth. If a tooth’s damage is too extensive to be effectively restored with a filling, inlay, or onlay, our dentist may suggest a crown. The crown fits over the entire damaged tooth, starting at the gums, to restore the damaged tooth’s shape, size, and function. Each dental crown is custom designed and created to precisely fit your smile and to comfortably, effectively restore your oral health.
Do I need a dental crown?
When a tooth is decayed or damaged, Dr. Natalie B. McCarthy will carefully evaluate whether a crown is the best available option for repairing the tooth. Crowns are very versatile; in addition to repairing damaged teeth, a dental crown in Greenville, North Carolina, can be used to:
- Strengthen a tooth that is fractured or weakened
- Attach a dental bridge
- Improve the function and appearance of an irregularly shaped tooth
- Protect and seal a tooth following root canal therapy
- Cover and complete a dental implant
- Enhance the appearance of a severely spotted or stained tooth
To discover whether a crown is right for your smile, we welcome you to reach out to us today. We are eager to improve your smile!